Project Report 26.25: The Week of Two Tops
Up until yesterday, I spent all of my knitting time this week on the Sonate Sweater. I don't know how it's possible that twisted rib takes so long to knit, but it does.
The finished product is currently drying:
I doubt we'll have sweater weather anytime soon, but I'm excited to wear this one. It's everything I love in a good sweater -- soft, lightweight, and cabled -- plus, the color works with almost all of my pants.
After finishing the Sonate, I pulled out my Ivy Tank again and reworked the hem. Again.
If you're new here, you may have missed the saga that has been my Ivy Tank. I started this top at the end of February. In April, I bound off (the first time), but the color wasn't what I had hoped. Then I dyed it. Then I reknit the hem. Then it sat. And sat. I started and finished my Liserne tank and still, there was the Ivy, staring at me. Mocking me. Making me think I was a bad knitter and a weird-shaped human.
To be honest, some of that may have been personal baggage and not directly the intention of the Ivy itself, but still.
Yesterday, I decided to give it one final attempt to fix the hemline and make it wearable. If this go fails, I might just bury it in the back yard.
I followed my notes from the first version of the hem, where I used short rows to create a shirttail shape, then did a few rows of garter stitch and bound off using the Ruke method.
The finished object needs another bath. I'll let you know what I think after that.
I am now officially knit-less. I haven't decided whether to revisit my Notable Tee, restart my Untimely Sweater, or start something new. I have some sport weight cotton waiting to become something, and my roommate's birthday is closer than I think, so perhaps that will sway me toward my next pattern.
If you have any non-tank summer project suggestions for me, drop them in the comments!
Comments
Post a Comment