Arctic Light Sweater

Today is the day! It's finally time to unveil my finished Arctic Light Sweater!

I finished this sweater several weeks ago and initially had no intention of making you wait so long to see it, but we hadn't been having cold enough days to justify wearing alpaca all day long.

No worries, though, because now we've been swept into the winter storm that's swallowing half of the U.S. It's officially sweater season!


In case you've been living under a rock, this is the Arctic Light pattern by Veronika Lindberg, aka Kutovakika. It's a top-down, in-the-round, DK-weight, cabled raglan sweater.

I made a size M with size S sleeves. With my gauge, that gave me zero ease, which was what I wanted. If I make this sweater again, I will probably go up a size and use a fluffier yarn for a super snuggly sweater, but I'm happy with the way my form-fitting version turned out. I knitted the body full-length and tapered the sleeves more than indicated in the pattern.

Although this pattern does require a good bit of focus at the beginning to get all of the cables set up and to establish the raglan increases, once everything is on the needles, this is an engaging project that's easy to follow. The results are stunning and make it look more difficult than it is.

As for the yarn, I used Cascade ReSolve in the color "Semolina." This is a recycled alpaca-nylon blend that I genuinely enjoyed working with. There is currently only one color listed on Cascade's website; I'm hoping that's because they're about to launch a new collection of colors, not because they're about to discontinue this yarn.


I chose this yarn because it used recycled animal fibers rather than new. If you're looking for something similar, Knit Picks and Hobbii both offer an "Upcycled Alpaca" blend in worsted weight. A machine-washable DK version to consider is Lion Brand's Feels Like Alpaca

My total project cost was $41.57, which included six hanks of yarn plus the pattern download.  

If you've made the Arctic Light sweater, or if you have any similar yarn recommendations for me, please let me know! 

Comments

Popular Posts