Project Report 26.9: Flying Through the Floozy

I told you that last week I worked on my Floozy Too with my morning coffee. I got through a couple of rounds each morning, then I set it down to work on other things. That gave me a grand total of one inch of progress in a week's time. This week, though, I made 5 inches of progress. The difference? I realized that my hands are stiffer in the mornings. This had never been brought to my attention before, and maybe it's just a winter thing, but fiddling with 2.25mm needles straight out of bed was not ideal. Once I figured that out, I started working on the Floozy throughout the day and it moved much, much faster. 

Granted, it's still a fingering weight sweater on tiny needles, but there's a big difference between a 10-minute round and a 22-minute round.

A handknit sweater with a colorwork yoke on a hanger

I've now reached the bottom ribbing, so I should have a finished object to show off soon! 

You may be wondering what I worked on in the mornings, if not my Floozy. I went full steam ahead in the opposite direction and started playing with some 4mm (US 6) needles and a springy chainette yarn. It was much more appropriate early-morning knitting. Hopefully this will become a coherent men's sweater vest pattern one day, but for now, it's just simple ribbing with excellent ergonomics.


As if that weren't enough, I also cast on a tank top with some recently-acquired cotton yarn. In case you missed it, I posted a springtime pattern roundup, but what I ultimately ended up casting on was the Midsommarkrans tank top, which I am referring to as my Ivy Top. At the moment it looks like a bra:

The beginning of a green lace tank top on knitting needles

I assume this will be taking over as my primary project as soon as the Floozy is bound off. 

For those of you with an excellent memory, I do still have those pink socks on the needles. I'll be taking them with me to doctor's appointments this week, so stay tuned for an update on those. 

I'm also proud to announce that my very first seed babies have arrived. Say hello to the world's tiniest oregano plants: 


 

Comments

Popular Posts