Project Report 26.15: So Ugly, I Could Dye
This week, I worked up the nerve to dye my Ivy Top.
Actually, that's not quite exactly true. I just needed to divert my brain and figured doing some literal pot stirring would be a good distraction. We'll have to wait until it's dry to see if we ended up in the right place, but the sopping wet version looks promising:
I got to the heel turn on my first Mountain Sock.
I'm still deciding how I feel about the Bamboo Pop Sock yarn. I don't dislike it. I would be willing to buy it again. I'm just not sure what its best applications are. On the needles, it feels too cottony to hold its shape as a sock, but I'm not sure how the bubbly texture would feel as a garment. If you've worked with it and have some insight, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
All the rest of my knitting time has been devoted to my Sonate Sweater, which I am thoroughly enjoying. I finished the raglan shaping and added the neckline ribbing. Because the fabric is so drapey, I was a bit concerned about the depth of the armholes, but it's reasonably close to a storebought sweater I have in my collection, so I've decided to keep going without making any adjustments.
This is my favorite kind of pattern to work on. Whereas my last two projects had an ocean of stockinette after the initial shaping was complete, the Sonate's cable panel is motivation to work "just one more" round. That being said, the cables are complex enough that I have to follow the chart the entire time, so this is best suited for at-home knitting.
What's on your needles this week?
Comments
Post a Comment