Project Report 26.23: A Pivot Project
After we talked last week, I did decide to frog my Untimely cardigan. As I made this decision in a frustrated frenzy, half of the sweater is still a tangled up, ramen noodle mess.
Instead of facing the consequences of my Untimely actions, I chose to return to my Sonate sweater.
It's been a minute since we've talked about this one, so allow me to jog your memory. This is the Sonate sweater pattern by Audrey Borrego knit in Berroco Comfort Sock, one of my favorite synthetic yarns. I'm modifying the pattern to have a V-neck and adjusting the waist shaping to better suit my torso.
Earlier this year, I knit almost the entire body of this sweater before realizing that I'd highlighted and knit the wrong size. This week, I pulled the yarn and the wrinkly cable chart out of the proverbial frog pond and started over.
I really enjoyed working on this sweater the first time around, and I'm enjoying it just as much the second time. Berroco Comfort is one of my favorite yarns, and the cable panel keeps the knitting engaging without feeling overwhelming or overly complex. I know I won't be able to wear the finished product for a few months (we're expected to surpass 100F tomorrow, which I'll remind you is halfway to literally boiling), but it's been a wonderful project to have on the needles.
The only other thing I worked on this week was my current waiting room sock, and I gotta say, it might be the ugliest sock I've ever knit.
Self-patterning yarn is always a gamble, but this one is really defying all expectations. Do you see that pink and green in the skein? Do you see it? Because it sure as heck isn't on the sock.
That's okay, though. Socks are kind of like towels in that it's never a bad idea to have a few extras on hand, even if their eventual fate is to be destroyed.
What's on your needles these days?
Comments
Post a Comment