Project Report 26.24: Outsmarted by Stripes

I have been outsmarted by a ball of yarn.

Allow me to explain.

Last week, I shared this picture, along with my confusion that there should have been pink and green stripes in this sock:

Lo and behold, the pink and green stripes did arrive, and I made a fair bit of progress.

Then, after the fourth pink stripe, the yarn switched back to white. At this point, I assumed I had completed the color sequence and we were restarting the pattern. Thus, I put my current sock on hold, cut the yarn, and cast on for the cuff of the second sock. I figured I could get them to match, then decide how to do the last few inches based on the yarn I had left.

Then this happened:


What the actual F? How did we make it back to pink? What even is this color pattern???

Needless to say, I was fed up. So I put that project aside and got back to my Sonate Sweater.

I finished the second ball of yarn and switched to the first sleeve.


I have a few more rows to go on the first cuff (I'm working the sleeves flat rather than with magic loop) and then I'll probably work the neckline so we can get a good idea of how this fits before I get back to the body.

This coming weekend is the summer solstice, so I hope you get a chance to go outside, smell some flowers, and eat an ice cream cone.

Comments

Popular Posts