Project Report 26.13: Angry at My Ivy

It is with grave regret that I inform you I made a critical error in my Ivy Top... I tried it on.

That's right. I thought the body was getting pretty long, and I wanted to try it on to give myself the motivation boost of knowing I was nearing the final stretch. Alas, my motivation remains unboosted, because this shirt looks hideous on me.

It's not the shirt's fault, really. It's mine. I should have known better when the color name was "Ivy" and the picture looked blue.

This is the swatch I saw:

 

I thought it was a teal-leaning, muted blue.

This is the color I got:


It's not muted, or blue. And in my defense, I don't think it's very ivy-like either. I don't know what to call it, but I'm pretty sure I had a swimsuit this color in the 1990s, and that should tell you everything you need to know.

Since trying this on, I basically balled it up and told it not to talk to me. I've decided my best bet is to dye it, but I'm worried about picking a color that will tone it down rather than amp it up. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

In happier news, I finished my spring socks.


These are the latest edition of my Signature Self-Striping Socks in Berroco Comfort Sock. The colorway is "Fruit Cocktail," and it comes with pops of a peachy-orange color that I decided to snip out. It made for a lot of extra ends to weave in, but I'm happy with the result.

I'm now re-attempting the Mountain Socks by Rachel Nutting using Bamboo Pop Socks in "Teasel."

This is my first time using Bamboo Pop, and I was skeptical about it. Now that I'm a few inches in, I think I like it. The bubbly texture of the yarn isn't as obvious once you build up a bit of fabric. Depending on how it washes, I may consider using this yarn for a garment in the future.
 

Speaking of garments, I washed my 2319 Sweater and was delighted to discover pilling under the arms. I know, that doesn't sound like a good thing, but it made me feel like it was an actual piece of clothing that's been worn and loved, rather than being a "finished object" that's meant to be looked at but never touched.


 

I have gotten a good bit of wear out of this sweater so far. Cardigans are a stable of my wardrobe, and since this is the only piece of orange clothing I own, it tends to work with most of the other stuff in my closet. 

What are you working on this week? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts