Project Report: 2026 Wk 4
I did a lot of knitting this week. I mean, a LOT of knitting this week.
One of the reasons I was so stitch-productive this week was because of the snowstorm that blanketed half the country over the weekend. Instead of running errands and doing other weekend-y things, I snuggled up with my projects and barely moved for three days.
Another factor contributing to my insane amount of progress this week is that my doggo had his snip-snip surgery. Friday was the first time I've spent a day alone since we brought the pupper home in 2024. To distract myself, I dove into every project I could think of. He's home now and doing well.
I successfully seamed my "2319 Sweater" sleeves, and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out.
I met up with my mother to give her the hat I made for her birthday. I don't have a great picture of this, but I took the stitch pattern from the Cranberry Biscotti Socks and applied it to a basic double-brim hat using Knit Pick's Brava Sport in the colors "Seraphim" (lavender), "White," and "Almond."
My mother gave me a belated Christmas card with $100 in it, so I immediately ordered a batch of yarn from WEBS and bought the Floozy Too pattern by Libby Jonson.
Remember that rusty fingering weight yarn I mentioned last week? I put it to use in the Floozy, along with the scraps from my 2319 Sweater and started chugging along at full speed. Last night I finished the yoke and split for sleeves.
As if that weren't enough knitting, I also started a pair of socks to work on at the doctor's office. This is Plymouth Diversity sock yarn in the color "Red Sky." I've never seen a sky this color. Perhaps a better name would be "Barbie Shoes." Regardless, it's a sproingy yarn with a satin finish that has been a fun change of pace to work with.
Last but not least, I finally worked up the nerve to push "Publish" on my first knitting pattern, the Purl on Fire Signature Self-Striping Socks. I have not, however, worked up the nerve to talk about it or announce it to the Instagram universe, so for now we'll keep this between you and me.
If you also got some knitting done over the snow days, I'd love to hear about it! If you were fortunate enough to not freeze this weekend, inspirational pictures of warmer weather would be much appreciated.
Comments
Post a Comment