Tag a Knitter '26 Questionnaire
Do you remember the days when email was fun? I do. Before authentication codes, daily ads, and billing reminders flooded my inbox, I used to get emails from actual human beings I knew in real life (imagine that!). One of the things I’ve recently been nostalgic about is the “chain mail” emails we used to send back and forth.
If that was before your time, or if you’ve blocked out your memories of the dial-up Internet era, allow me to explain. A “chain mail” email was any piece of crap we emailed to each other including some variation of the phrase “Send this to 10 more people to keep the chain going!” My personal favorites were the questionnaires that would be sent en masse to everybody in the sender’s address book and inevitably reply-alled by half the recipients, so for a few weeks, you just kept getting emails from friends-of-friends talking about whether they preferred Pepsi or Coke.
After the emails subsided, I discovered the world of YouTube tags. No, not the SEO kind. Rather, gems of the 2010s such as the “What’s in My Purse Tag” or the “Boyfriend-Girlfriend Tag.” Those were simpler times.
Alas, I haven’t seen a good tag series circulate in my algorithm for ages now, so I’m taking it upon myself to restart the fun for the fiber arts community.
Below, you will find a series of questions that you can answer on your preferred platform and share anywhere you’d like. There is no obligation to link back to me or to this post, but I would love to see your answers, so feel free to use #tagaknitter26, leave a comment, find me on Instagram, or heck, send me an email. You can read my answers here.
If you discover this tag many moons in the future, don’t feel like it’s too late to participate! The Internet is infinite, so hop on this bandwagon any time.
Happy making!
Tag a Knitter '26 Questions
Introduce Yourself
1. Do you consider yourself a beginner, intermediate, or advanced knitter?
2. How old were you when you learned how to knit?
3. Do you do any other fiber crafts?
4. What are your non-fiber hobbies?
5. Who do you knit for most often?
6. Can you knit in the dark/without looking?
7. How big do you knit your gauge swatches?
8. Do you have an FO Fail – a project you finished and immediately hid?
9. Do you have a Mt. Everest project – a project you aspire to knit “one day”?
This or That
10. Metal needles or wood needles?
11. Yarn in your right hand or yarn in your left hand?
12. Flat or in the round?
13. Process knitter or product knitter?
14. Sweaters or socks?
15. Cables or lace?
16. Alpaca or mohair?
17. Knitting in public – cozy or cringe?
Favorites:
18. Favorite stitch pattern? (yes, stockinette is a stitch pattern)
19. Favorite FO (Finished Object) picture?
20. Favorite increase method?
21. Favorite designer?
22. Favorite place to knit?
23. Favorite yarn weight?
24. Favorite fiber?
Share the Love
25. Where do you like to shop for yarn?
26. Which knitting content creators are you loving at the moment?
1. Do you consider yourself a beginner, intermediate, or advanced knitter? Advanced
ReplyDelete2. How old were you when you learned how to knit? 7 or 8
3. Do you do any other fiber crafts? yes, I crochet, cross-stitch, and sew.
4. What are your non-fiber hobbies? reading
5. Who do you knit for most often? for sale thru a craft co-op, and for my guy.
6. Can you knit in the dark/without looking? yes
7. How big do you knit your gauge swatches? swatches? don't do them if I've used the yarn recommended before.
8. Do you have an FO Fail – a project you finished and immediately hid? baby hats
9. Do you have a Mt. Everest project – a project you aspire to knit “one day”? no
This or That
10. Metal needles or wood needles? both
11. Yarn in your right hand or yarn in your left hand? right
12. Flat or in the round? both
13. Process knitter or product knitter? product
14. Sweaters or socks? children's sweaters and adult socks
15. Cables or lace? both
16. Alpaca or mohair? neither
17. Knitting in public – cozy or cringe? cozy
Favorites:
18. Favorite stitch pattern? (yes, stockinette is a stitch pattern) st st
19. Favorite FO (Finished Object) picture?
20. Favorite increase method? kfb
21. Favorite designer? ???
22. Favorite place to knit? in a comfortable chair by a sunny window looking out at my yard
23. Favorite yarn weight? a tie: worsted and DK
24. Favorite fiber? I use a lot of acrylic but I really like a good natural blend.
Share the Love
25. Where do you like to shop for yarn? locally where I can find any, online and thru catalogues.
26. Which knitting content creators are you loving at the moment I don't have any favorites.
A craft co-op sounds really cool!
ReplyDelete