Project Report 26.20: Twelve Day Tank Top
You know how I said I wanted an instant gratification project? Consider me gratified.
The Liserne top I started on May 8 is now a finished object -- I seamed it and washed it and everything.
Having finished this project so quickly (twelve days!!!), I didn't have my next one queued up. There are lots of things on my to-knit list, of course, and I even have yarn for several of them, but I hadn't planned my next cast on, so I spent yesterday afternoon scrambling.
I swatched the Whirlette and Flora Soft Cake I recently acquired. Please excuse the dog hair; it's inevitable.
The Whirlette swatched a bit bigger than the Flora, but I'm hoping that they'll be close enough to work as stripes without having to fuss with multiple needle sizes.
I also went stash diving and started a pair of shortie socks with some scraps.
As lovely as these look, there was no way I was going to have enough of the self-striping colorway to do two socks. I ripped back and am trying again with fewer stitches and more of the solid blue. I may have to do the toes in a third color, but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
While working on these projects, I've been absolutely devouring the Scotland & Shetland knitting tour videos from Rachel is Knitting and Leslie of Knit California. If you haven't been introduced to them yet, I highly recommend taking a peek. Watching people pet sheep on the shores of the Shetland Isles is good for the soul.
Comments
Post a Comment