Project Report 26.21: Knitting Through the Monsoon
We are experiencing an epic rain event here in Virginia. Every summer for the past few years, we've had droughts -- sometimes the kind that make you say "we could really use some rain" and sometimes the kind that make it literally illegal to water your plants. Neither is true at the moment, as the sky has dumped buckets of water almost nonstop for the past six days. On Sunday, we sat on the porch and marveled that there was enough sunlight peeking through the clouds to create shadows under the trees. It promptly disappeared.
Since there was no chance of being outdoorsy this weekend, I dove into my knitting.
I'm pleased to introduce my "Untimely" sweater:
I intended to make Libby Jonson's Timely cardigan, a pattern I've admired for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, I discovered new holes in my shoes and received a letter saying that my social security case had been relocated to a different office, so this was not the week to spend ten non-existent dollars on a raglan pattern.
Instead, I took measurements from my favorite storebought cardigan, did some gauge math, and cast on an imitation version dubbed the "Untimely."
As you can see, I absolutely flew through the first chunk of this sweater. Until last night, it was the only active project on my needles. Now I also have a fresh pair of my Signature Self-Striping Socks on the go for doctors' office waiting rooms.
I'm using Plymouth Diversity, which I believe has been discontinued, in the color "0013 Multi Purple Green." Sounds gorgeous, doesn't it?
To give my hands a break, I also compiled a roundup of free patterns including and inspired by Sari Nordlund.
I have hopes to get back to my Notable Tee and to fix the hemline on my Ivy Top, but both of those projects require the needles that are currently being used in my Untimely. At this rate, though, I'll be back to them before we know it.
What did you work on over this holiday weekend?
Comments
Post a Comment