Project Report 26.18: Beavers and Books
I didn't get a lot of knitting done this week, because sitting quietly with my thoughts wasn't a good place to be, but I do have a few updates for you.
I worked another inch or so of my Mountain Socks:
And I finished the back panel of my Notable Tee, which Samson immediately stepped on with his muddy feet. Luckily, the yarn is machine washable.
What did I do with all that extra non-knitting time?
I became the benevolent overlord of a digital beaver colony, that's what.
Timberborn is a city-building computer game that lets your beaver society pick berries, plant cattails, and engineer complex infrastructure. I've been focusing on the berries and the cattails, but it provided a well-needed change of scenery in my brain.
I also downloaded a fresh audiobook.
"The Good, the Bad, and the Aunties" by Jesse Q. Sutanto is the third installment of the "Aunties" books, the first being "Dial A for Aunties." The first two books focused on the chaos and occasional criminality of wedding vending. So far, the third book is about Chinese New Year, humongous families, and hostage negotiation. If you enjoy goofy characters and Murphy's Law, I highly recommend this series. Check your library for the audiobooks, because Risa Mei does a fantastic job narrating.
When I get my knitting mojo back, I'm hoping to start some shortie socks for summer. If you have any favorite patterns, please share!
Comments
Post a Comment