Project Report 26.19: Summer Knits and Plant Updates

I got some really heartbreaking news this past Friday, so I dove head-first into my projects in an attempt to keep my hands busy and my mind as quiet as possible.

First of all, I finished my Mountain Socks!


They haven't been washed or blocked yet, but I'm very happy to have them off the needles and to be able to test the Bamboo Pop Sock yarn on wear and washability. At the moment, I'm thinking its best application is lightweight, casual garments, but that's just my impression straight off the ball.

I also finished the front piece of my Notable Tee and joined it to the back:


Unfortunately, I'm going to have to backtrack a bit and do some troubleshooting. As you can see, the stripes are pulling toward the neckline quite significantly. I haven't found any resources talking about how to fix this problem, so I assume I'll have to play around with short rows until I find a good balance. If you have any advice for me, please share!

While I was thinking about my stripe problem, I decided to start another summer project on larger needles for some instant gratification. I pulled out some Berroco Gaia from my stash and cast on for Audrey Borrego's Liserne tank.


I'm working mine flat rather than in the round because I know I don't have enough of this yarn to do a whole top. Instead, I'm going to make the back panel with the pink Ella 130 yarn I ordered from LindeHobby last month. I've also straightened out the shape to better suit my body. Audrey Borrego writes a lot of her patterns with pear-shaped bodies in mind, but my hips are not up to the challenge of filling out a 52" hemline.

In garden news, things are really picking up. The snap peas are nearly ready to blossom:


My first zucchini plants have peeked out:


And the bleeding heart I planted on April 1st has sprouted its first flowers. Yes, they really are heart-shaped:


 

I hope you're working on some fun projects. Feel free to chat about them in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts