Project Report 26.36: So Much Ribbing
This week was all about ribbing.
First, I knocked out the pair of shortie socks I was working on last week.
As far as ribbing goes, these socks aren't half bad. After the cuff, the rest of the sock is 5x1 rib, and once you're on the foot, it's only five or six purls per round, so it goes pretty quickly.
I knit these in West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-Ply in "Mallard." Look how well the striping lined up!
I also did a lot of ribbing while fighting with that Coboo yarn I reclaimed from my Grandpa Cardigan. After I ripped out my attempts at making a Mossy Trails top, I cast on 250-ish stitches for a bottom-up pullover.
I worked about an inch and a half of ribbing before I came to my senses and realized a seamless sweater in this yarn would probably be a stupid idea.
Thus, I've started my fourth attempt at turning this yarn into something wearable. Meet the Hogweed Cardigan:
![]() |
| Photo © Scheepjes |
At the moment, I'm still planning to adapt the pattern into a pullover, but I'm going to work it in pieces and seam it together in hopes of adding some stability to the finished object. Anything could happen, though, because I am currently this far into the project:
As if that weren't enough ribbing, I've also started a new sock using the Duckies pattern from Samantha Hayes, which is basically a mixed rib sock with a wee bit of lace to preserve sanity.
I'm using the extra ball of Bamboo Pop that didn't go into my Blandy Cowl since this is a sport weight pattern and the last pair of socks I made with Bamboo Pop Sock were surprisingly wearable for non-wool.
Do you have any ribbing on the needles right now? Feel free to comment below and we can commiserate.

Comments
Post a Comment