Project Report 26.8: Distracted by Dirt
This week, we got a glimpse of warm weather and sunshine, so I spent time outside prepping my garden, re-erecting my mailbox trellis, and taking inventory of my seed packets. Plus, the rhubarb is making its comeback:
Even though I swear I was knitting this week, I feel like I have nothing to show for it.
I rejoined the yarn on my Floozy Too and made about an inch of progress. I've reached the part of the project that feels like an eternal slog -- namely, the last 8 inches of the body. I made the mistake of calculating how long it will take to finish this project, and seeing 20 hours pop up on my calculator screen really squelched any sense of momentum I had. I've been working a couple of rows each morning with my coffee, then setting it aside again.
I haven't touched the pink socks, because I know I'll need a portable project for my appointments next week and the pink socks are easy to knit on the go.
That leaves no knitting to report other than what is more or less "sketching" with yarn.
I released my first "vanilla-plus" sock pattern for self striping yarn earlier this year, and since then, I've had ideas bumping around in my brain for other projects I'd like to bring to life. However, I haven't done enough self-drafting to have an efficient process yet.
One of the projects I've been playing with uses half-fisherman's rib and I've been trying to figure out the best way to incorporate increases. The other project is a men's sweater vest that I have a sneaking suspicion needs to be worked at a finer gauge than I anticipated, so nothing exciting to share there either.
Do you have any non-knitting hobbies that capture your attention from time to time? I'd love to hear about them!
Comments
Post a Comment