Project Report 26.12: Spring is Afoot
I've been happily working on my spring socks this week, seeing as how it is now actually, officially spring. The first one is done and I'm nearing the heel turn on the second one.
The two sock yarns I have on deck are both solid colors, so I'm looking forward to incorporating some texture into my next pair. I may go back to the Mountain Socks, but I also have my eye on some cable patterns like the Thorsminde Socks and the Polly Jean Socks. What do you think?
| Thorsminde Socks / Polly Jean Socks / Mountain Socks |
My Ivy Top looks exactly the same this week as it did last week. That's not to say I didn't work on it -- I did -- but stockinette in the round looks like stockinette in the round, no matter how many inches of it you work. I'm now up to about 10 inches of body under the arms and I'm debating whether to do a split hem or a round hem. In theory, a round hem would be my preference, but I'm not sure I'll be able to execute it well, and a split hem would be more in keeping with the original style.
The only other project I've worked on is what may or may not become a pair of Pioneer Gloves.
I had this Sirdar Loveful Tweed left over from a hat, and I thought it would be nice to have a matching pair of mitts. I haven't even bothered to weigh my scraps yet, so I have no idea if this will pan out, but it's been nice to have the option of working on something with larger needles since the socks and the Ivy top are both fingering weight.
Now it's back to the garden to keep an eye on this hooligan:
Comments
Post a Comment