Project Report 26.10: Knitting, Weather or Not
I finished my Floozy, just in time for our first 80 degree Fahrenheit (26 Celsius) day.
Believe me, I'm thrilled to see the sunshine, but we really went zero-to-sixty weather-wise. On Monday, March 2, it snowed:
On Monday, March 9, the heat index was 85 degrees. I do love me a new sweater, but now is not the time to be wearing wool.
What is it time for? Gardening! The rhubarb is leafing, I have new parsley babies, and I started my tomato seeds yesterday. (Need a comparison on the rhubarb? Go back to February 25 for the "before" shot.)
In less fun news, I also had a couple of medical appointments this week. I took these pink socks with me for the trip. Everything went well, but it was still a stressful couple of days... so much so that when I picked up the socks at home to finish the toes, I discovered the stitches were so tight, I could barely work them.
Luckily, the yarn has elastic built in and you can never have too many stitches per inch on handknit socks. Also, this yarn looks fantastic in reverse stockinette.
All that's left to do now is work the afterthought heels and give them a good bath.
My Ivy Top is still in progress. I've now joined all four pieces under the arms and am ready to work the 14 inches of solid stockinette. Sound familiar? Yeah, I noticed that too. Hopefully this will be done faster than the Floozy so I'll be able to wear a handknit in the warmer temps.
Has your weather warmed up enough to entice you outside? Or are you still enjoying cozy evenings with lots of knitting? Let me know in the comments!
Comments
Post a Comment