Project Report: 2026 Wk 5
Welcome to a new week! I didn't get quite as much knitting done as I did last week, but I still made solid progress on a few projects.
I finished the first pink sock and cast on the second one for more on-the-go knitting.
I know Plymouth claims this colorway isn't self-striping, but I'm still disappointed with the way the pooling turned out on the first sock. The cuff, which I knit on US Size 0 needles, had an evenly-distributed micro-striping effect going for it, but when I switched to US Size 1 needles for the rest of the sock, I started getting more of an elongated barber pole print. For the second sock, I'm going to continue using the Size 0s for the full leg and see if I can keep the micro-striping intact. If so, I'll redo the first sock to match.
As for my current sweater project, I finished the first ball of yarn for the Floozy Too, so I put the body on hold and jumped to the collar and sleeves. Enjoy this super high-quality bathroom mirror photo as proof of progress:
I decided to knit the collar shorter than instructed, partly because the yarn is itchy and partly because I liked the way the sweater fit sans collar and didn't want to make a drastic change. I'm now begrudgingly working through the first sleeve and lusting after a set of interchangeable shorties that would make sleeve knitting so much more pleasant. Those suckers are expensive, though.
Speaking of shopping, I received my WEBS order this week. The purchase I'm most excited about is the Stylecraft ReCreate DK.
It's a machine washable recycled wool blend in rich, lovely colors. My camera is struggling to capture things accurately with so much light bouncing on the snow, so here's the website's swatch for comparison:
I will absolutely be ordering a couple of sweater quantities next time I have extra cash.
Finally, I worked on a February Hat, but I plan to make a full post about that, so stay tuned!
Comments
Post a Comment