Project Report: 2026 Wk 7
I finished my sleeves! If you remember from last week, I only had another 8 inches or so left on the second sleeve of my Floozy Too. By that point, the stitch count was reduced enough that I could switch to DPNs, so the last chunk of sleeve went significantly faster. I rejoined the yarn to the body and worked another inch or so until the ball of yarn ran out, then I set it aside. Fingering weight sweaters are no joke, and I could feel myself starting to get burnt out, so I took a break to focus on some instant gratification projects.
I still had one full ball of that tealy blue Princess yarn leftover from my February Hat. Surprisingly, it was a near-perfect match for the Berocco Renew I had just acquired, and the colors were high contrast enough to work in a two-color project.
Both yarns are a blend of wool, viscose, nylon, and cashmere. The Princess has a touch of angora as well, but eyes closed, you can't tell the difference. Even though one calls itself a DK and one calls itself a worsted, I decided they were close enough to be used in the same project.
After some browsing on Ravelry, I settled on the Easy Peasy Cowl by Karolina Adamczyk, aka Kroopa Knits.
I don't understand how there are less than 250 of these on Ravelry. It's a fantastic pattern. It's written for two sizes, but because it has a 12-stitch repeat throughout and plain knit rows to separate the motifs, you can really customize this to any size you want. The colorwork is super straightforward with no floats to catch, but the finished product looks intricate and lovely.
While I was working on the cowl, I kept thinking it would make great socks. I started rolling the idea around in my brain, trying to decide how I would reorganize the motifs. Lo and behold, Kroopa was steps ahead of me the whole time. She also has patterns for Easy Peasy Socks and an Easy Peasy Hat, both available for free.
Speaking of socks, I had two pairs on the go this week.
I finished the second pink sock (sans heel) and decided I definitely liked the striping effect better on the smaller needles, so I frogged the first sock and will rework it to match.
I also finished a pair of Gaudete Socks by Stephanie van der Linden. These are some of the weirdest socks I have ever made, so I'll be posting a full discussion of the pattern this weekend, but for now, we can admire the finished object.
I'd love to hear what you're working on. Leave a comment and let me know!
Comments
Post a Comment