Project Report 26.33: So Much Sweater Progress!

Hoo boy do I have a lot of progress to share today.

This week was my 6-month checkup at UVA hospital, which meant lots of car knitting. In anticipation of that, I cast on for the Luna Socks from Summer Lee's "Sock Project" book with the Cascade Cotton Sox I showed you last week.


So far, I've done the cuff and nothing else, because I was otherwise enamored with my Alberta Sunshine top.

The Alberta is absolutely flying on my needles. I've added the collar and am now about halfway through the body. 


I'm already thinking about making a second one, or at least making another lightweight sweater with the same yarn. Just look at the Diversa's color range:

 

 

I've also been squeezing in rounds on the ginormous man sweater. 


Comparing my pictures from last week and this week, I felt a wee bit disappointed that I hadn't made more progress. Then I reminded myself that the original armhole circumference was 22 inches, so I've knocked out over 100 square inches of sleeve knitting this week. We'll call that a win.


Once this sweater is off the needles, I'll be starting another gift knit with its own educational mini-series here on the blog, so keep your eyes out either this weekend or next weekend for the first post of that project. 

And in case you were wondering, no, I still haven't touched the Untimely sweater. The Untimely sweater is future Katie's problem. 

Comments

Popular Posts