Project Report 26.32: Bad Photography of Good Knits

This week's theme is terrible photography. Are you excited? You should be. In the age of AI, it's rare to see truly terrible human creations. You're welcome.

First of all, I completely ignored my Untimely sweater. Have not touched it. Instead, I hyperfocused on making the hat my roommate requested. I started it on Wednesday and finished it on Friday evening.


Then I made a matching pair of mitts based on the Pioneer Gloves, because there was no way I was going to use that pink yarn for anything else.


With those speedy projects squared away, I turned my attention back to the Alberta Sunshine top.

It occurred to me that I should have taken a really nice picture of this WIP with my birthday cake. Here's how that turned out:


Despite the lack of photographic support, I am loving this project. It is a joy to work on. I can't tell you for sure whether it's the yarn or the pattern or a combination of the two, but this WIP is an absolute delight.


Speaking of my birthday, I received two knitty gifts:

 

I've had The Sock Project on my wish list since the second I heard about it. I haven't picked a pattern to try with my new shortie needles, but I have pulled a yarn out of stash.


This is the leftover Cotton Sox yarn from my Ivy Top. I want to test it to see if it really does hold up as a vegan sock yarn, or if it's better kept to garment projects.

Here's an excellent picture of how I wind my yarn without a swift:


Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Under the dark of night (meaning, after my roommate went to bed), I was able to finish the body on his surprise sweater and just have a single sleeve to do.

Now, I know this is a man-size sweater and the sleeves are positively ginormous, but I still think this selfie is useful for reference: 


This is what three inches of positive ease looks like on me. That's a 46-inch sweater on a 43-inch bust.

How the heck are people walking around wearing sweaters with 10 inches of positive ease? How?? I'm pretty sure the last garment I wore with 10 inches of positive ease was a plastic rain poncho from Niagara Falls. It was not a look I plan to recreate in real life. 

Circa 2012

How much ease do you prefer in your sweaters?

Comments

Popular Posts