Project Report: 2026 Wk 3

I have decided I hate helical stripes.

To be fair, I kind of set myself up for failure. Managing two colors is tangley enough when they aren't chasing each other backwards in every round. Magic loop is unruly even in single-color projects. Put the two together and I basically spent 30% of my knitting time flapping around with cables and throwing yarn everywhere.

The finished object feels underwhelming since I picked such a low-contrast combo. If these socks were hot pink and black, they might be bold enough to feel worth it. As it is though, I'm just glad to have these off the needles. 


And yes, I did use up all of the purple Kroy.


In the world of non-helical, flat-knit stripes, I'm having a much lovelier time.

I've finished the body and the button band on what I have started to lovingly call "the 2319 sweater." If you know, you know.


Initially, I started the sleeves in the round, but due to my aforementioned distaste for magic loop and yarn management, that lasted about six rows before I ripped the thing out and started over. I'm going to work the sleeves flat and then be a big girl and seam them together.


You heard me, I'm going to seam something. I'm trusting you to hold me accountable here, because all previous versions of myself would rather see an entire sweater fall into the ether than to sew a straight line. But we're growing and changing and trying new things, so mark my words, I will seam this sweater. Eventually.

Looking ahead, I don't have my next project picked out. I do have four balls of rust-colored fingering weight that are itching to become a sweater, and I'm psyching myself up to frog a previous project to reclaim a sweater's quantity of Lion Brand Coboo. If you have any pattern suggestions for me, please leave them in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts