Project Report: 2026 Wk 1

 Happy new year, everybody!

My greatest accomplishment of the year so far is finishing my Arctic Light Sweater, which is currently blocked and ready to wear. I won't get into that just yet, because I haven't had a chance to take pictures, and you deserve to see this masterpiece in all its glory. What I will say is, if you've been admiring the Arctic Light Sweater but haven't officially added it to your queue, now is the time to do it! It's a wonderfully clear pattern, deceptively do-able, and one million percent worth it. Treat yoself!

Once the Arctic Lights was off my needles, I honestly felt a little bit lost. I'm waiting on an extra needle to come in the mail before I start either of my next two garment projects, and I hadn't planned any small accessory pieces after the holiday making whirlwind. What's a girl to do?

I quickly finished the sample sock I mentioned last week using West Yorkshire Spinner's Signature 4-Ply in the self-patterning colorway "Mallard."

One of the things I love about West Yorkshire Spinners is that their color names are spot-on.

Observe, a mallard:


Observe, a mallard-themed sock:


Perfect, right??? They nailed the essence of a local pond-dwelling mallard. And, as the mallard can vouch, this would look excellent popping out of a bright orange wellie. 

After the approximate nanosecond it took to finish the mallard sock, I started another pair from my West Yorkshire Spinners goodie box.

This is the beginning of a modified Paper Moon Sock in WYS Signature 4-Ply Sparkle in the color "Mulled Wine."


This colorway is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. It ranges from cranberry red to a deep Cabernet to a zesty orange, and the glimmering gold threads sing of festivity. It's stunning.

The Paper Moon Socks are also intricate and lovely.

Unfortunately, in this case, the two cancel each other out. The yarn gets muddled by the stitch pattern, and the stitch pattern gets swallowed by the yarn. I'll have to frog this one and head back to the drawing board.

That being said, I do have two 100g skeins (874yds) of this yarn, so if you have any pattern suggestions for me, I would love to hear them! 

Comments

Popular Posts